Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Here we go again..

Well, the cancer is spreading. It's in my liver now. I'll be starting radiation soon and have already began chemotherapy. From everything I've read this is just an attempt to gain some extra time, but life is a precious gift and I'll do whatever I can to spend some more time with my family. As I've said many times before, death does not scare me. God is waiting for me and it will be a glorious beginning. I'm just a little sad that my wife of almost 39 years will have to face the future without me to comfort and protect here. I love her so much it's not even worth trying to describe here because there are no adequate words. I simply thank God every day for bringing us together. What a gal.

I've decided to come back to this format simply because there is not enough space on facebook or twitter to describe how I'm feeling sometimes. I've been a bit overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from unexpected sources. There are those that claim to be your friends but disappear when thing get rough, but the surprising part is how many people have stepped up to the plate that I didn't think even knew I existed. I suppose that's where the "do not judge" verse applies. You may think you know someone when you really don't. Only God can see into their heart and know what their true feelings are. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I'm not going to throw names out here, but to those of you who have supported me, you have my heart felt thanks and gratitude. May God bless you and keep you safe.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your wife at this difficult time. You are a child of God and he will always be at your side. God bless you.