Sunday, August 29, 2010

Time is short

I'm afraid my time is growing short. I can feel the cancer getting larger in my lower liver section. This, however, is not a time for mourning but a time for rejoicing. No longer will I be burdened with the daily grind, the out of control society, the hatred and anger her on earth, but I'll be in the hands of the Lord where it is peaceful, loving and perfect. Oh how wonderful this will be! I'll do my best to stick around here as long as I can to help comfort the wife and children, but I've gotten to the point that I'm almost anxious to welcome death as sweet relief and a joyous beginning.

I Corinthians 15:54-57:
54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,this Scripture will be fulfilled:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”

56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

God bless you and your family. God is watching over you. Remember that families are forever, here on earth and in heaven.